16 Apr 2013

Boston

Not a good day.
I've paid some attention to twitter as the tragedy unfolds, but not much. Twitter on occasions like these becomes like a sleazy tabloid with no editor. The ultimate drive by a car crash and rubber neck scenario.

At times like these, I'd actually rather just wait and see what emerges as the services do the best they can. I'm not sure I want to see a competition for the most horrific photo and video footage.

Anyway. After pondering it for a while. My brain has wandered back to a post I made shortly after the Sandy Hook tragedy. The closing stretch of the Boston marathon this time was dedicated to support and memorial for the families of Sandy Hook.

My brain ponders the cruelty, and gravitates to my own suspicions. It seems to me to be some psycho making the point that the clamp down on gun ownership was wrong. By blowing people up instead. Effectively the NRA terrorising it's own public. Well not the NRA, but some gun loving psycho.

It's made slightly more plausible by a few extremes in the tweets I saw in defence of gun ownership after Sandy Hook. There really was a very militant angry reaction to any kind of gun control in America from some people out there. I wonder how crazy some of them are.

By now as well, I'd expect a terrorist group to have claimed such a media intensive attack as their work in the name of >whatever it might be<. But the Sandy Hook memorial section of the Boston marathon? That's a pretty strange target to not be connected at all.

I am of course jumping to conclusions as many others have tonight.
Not sure if I hope I'm wrong or not.
A bit sad that's what my mind leads me to suspect might be the cause.

---

24th April Update

Well. I was wrong. It seems religious fanaticism is more dangerous than people who threaten to kill anyone who tries to take their guns away. (Close call).

No comments:

Post a Comment